Interested in working for us? All of our current open positions are listed to the right. To learn more about each position and how to apply, click the position title.
The Museum & Aquarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reports To: Education Managers
The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is seeking candidates for the position of Tour Guide/Educator. This position helps plan, coordinate, and implement a variety of educational offerings such as group tours, school programs, day camps, overnights, and general interpretation for museum visitors. An ideal candidate is someone with exceptional people skills, a desire to learn, and the ability to positively portray the organization. This part-time opportunity offers a flexible schedule.
We are seeking energetic, motivated, and positive people to join the fast-paced and fun environment that is created with a trip to the Museum & Aquarium. Share your passion for Dubuque history and river science with diverse visitors; introduce guests to our bufflehead ducks, otters, and stingrays; and get hands-on with actual tools in the Boat Shop.
- Highly qualified candidates will be able to manage their schedule and work well in a team environment.
- Flexibility, initiative, and the ability to problem solve are a must.
- Prior experience working with children and/or in informal education is preferred but not required.
- Competitive pay beginning at $9.00 per hour. Primary hours for guided school tours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between 9:00am and 2:30pm. A free membership to the Museum & Aquarium is included for all employees, as well as discounts at our museum stores and cafes.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please submit a completed application (www.rivermuseum.com/apply), cover letter, and resume to Shaina Stewart. Materials may be submitted in person to either box office location or emailed to email@example.com.
The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is seeking candidates for the position of Admissions Supervisor. This position is part of a team that works together to deliver a quality guest experience for every individual visiting the museum. An ideal candidate is someone with exceptional service skills, ability to think on their feet, lead in a team setting and positively portray the organization. This part time opportunity requires 30 hours per week.
This position is part of and helps lead a team of associates who work together to provide a quality guest experience for all visitors of the museum. This fast-paced opportunity allows one to gain leadership skills while learning the guest services operations of an accredited museum and aquarium facility. Our goal is to begin the guest experience on an exceptional note. Considered applicants must:
- Enjoy interactions with museum guests, supervise guest associates, oversee point of sale transactions, and inspire associates to provide exceptional service.
- Have previous experiences in customer service, cash handling, and supervision of staff.
- Be a highly organized and detailed individual.
- Competitive pay starting at $12.00 per hour. Weekend and holiday hours are required with a work/life balance and a flexible schedule being a priority. A free membership to the museum is included for all employees, as well as discounts at our museum stores and cafes.
If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for employment can be completed at www.rivermuseum.com/apply. Completed applications and/or resumes can be submitted in person to either box office location at the museum or emailed to email@example.com.