Interested in working for us? All of our current open positions are listed to the right. To learn more about each position and how to apply, click the position title.
The Museum & Aquarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium (NMRMA) is seeking candidates for the Café Coordinator. An ideal candidate is someone with exceptional service skills, thinks on their feet, and positively portrays the organization. This position requires 29 hours per week with weekends, and occasional nights and holiday hours.
This position is part of a team of associates who work together to provide the best possible experience for every individual visiting the River’s Edge Café. Our goal is to enhance the visitors experience by providing a quality product at an affordable price in a timely fashion.
- Enjoy interactions with a wide variety of museum guests as you work overseeing point of sale transactions, executing day to day operations of the café, ensuring orders are accurate and timely, and supervising café associates. Use your culinary skills to help cater in-house catering events and small group meals
- This fast paced opportunity allows one to gain leadership skills, while learning the ins and outs of café operations.
- A highly qualified individual would have pervious experiences in food and beverage, cash handling, customer service, and supervisor of employees, although not required. Highly organized individual and someone who pays close attention to detail will also succeed in this position.
- Competitive pay starting at $12.00 per hour, with most of the hours being worked between 9-5 daily. A free membership to the museum is included for all employees, as well as discounts at our museum stores.
Applications can be accessed at www.rivermuseum.com/apply, or by visiting either box office location at the museum. Completed applications can be submitted in person to either box office location at the museum or emailed to email@example.com.
- Provide an exceptional experience for all guests of the DCHS and NMRMA.
- Operate the Point of Sale system and complete all associated paperwork with accuracy.
- Courteously and respectfully assisting customer while quickly and accurately processing transactions.
- Encourage visitors to experience all the DCHS and NMRMA benefits.
- Provide accurate information when asked questions.
- Present the museum positively by maintaining clean and presentable appearance and work areas.
- Other duties as assigned by departments.
- Previous customer service and guest interaction
- Proficient use of computers and computer systems, or the ability to quickly learn.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Quick decision making under pressure.
- Operating a cash register and cash handling.
- Previous sales or upselling experience preferred.
- Working with guests of all ages and ethnicities.
- Compliant with the mission of the DCHS and NMRMA.
To apply go to http://www.rivermuseum.com/apply and complete an application.
Full-time/Part-time: Part-time (30 hours)
Reports To: Head Housekeeper & Facilities Manager
The Dubuque County Historical Society (DCHS) and National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium (NMRMA) are seeking candidates for the Housekeeping Position.
- Assisting in all aspects of buildings and grounds cleaning
- Ensuring that all properties are clean, safe and well-maintained
- Position requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, to stoop, kneel, bend, climb, lift and carry.
- Present the museum positively by maintaining a clean and presentable appearance
- Must be able to occasionally lift weights of up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to use and climb a step stool and occasionally work at heights
- A driver’s license and high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
If you are interested in joining our team, please go to http://www.rivermuseum.com/apply and complete an application or pick up one at our box office. Applications can be mailed (or dropped off in person) to National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, Attn: Human Resources, 350 East Third St, Dubuque, IA 52001.