- Position Title: Bookkeeper
- Full-time/Part-time: Part-time
- Exempt/Non-Exempt Exempt
- Department: Accounting
- Reports to: Controller
- Hiring Range: $13 to $15 per hour
- Application Deadline: Jan. 20, 2017
Dubuque County Historical Society (DCHS) and National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium (NMRM&A) has an opportunity for a Part Time Bookkeeper to join our Finance and Accounting team.
This person will be responsible for providing accounting support to accounting supervisors and other managers within the department. Enter transactions to the general ledger system, ensure files are complete and maintained as needed, handle accounts payable and payroll duties, and assist accounting personnel as needed.
1. Possess knowledge of the accounting policies and systems, payroll functions and operational procedures and assist accounting personnel as needed.
2. Enter and prepare weekly accounts payable invoices.
3. Update and maintain vendor documentation per accounting standards.
4. Review and post daily bank transactions as well as prepare journal entries.
5. Review and Enter bi-weekly payroll for verification and processing.
6. Help coordinate month-end close and run financial reports for review by Controller.
7. Assist with the preparation of the year end audit and necessary forms and schedules that accompany audit.
8. Collaborate on implementing new technologies in the accounting process.
9. Assist with generation of historical data to help complete annual budget process.
10. Monitor and review petty cash disbursements and replenishments.
11. Maintain accounts receivable records and ensure timely payments on accounts.
12. Accomplishes accounting and organizational mission by completing related tasks as needed.
Candidates Should Have:
1. Associates degree in Accounting or related field preferred
2.1-3 years’ experience in an accounting or related field
3. Knowledge of Accounts Payable and payroll functions
4. Knowledge of Abila /Sage accounting systems a plus
5. Ability to work in all Microsoft products specifically Excel
6. Candidate should possess a strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
To apply visit http://www.rivermuseum.com/apply and complete an application.