Join us for outdoor activities and booths showcasing the efforts of our conservation partners as well as indoor engagement opportunities showcasing our conservation work with wildlife and clean water initiatives. This event is sponsored by Prudential Retirement!
Join us for your first glimpse of our new Greenhouse, which will help support growth of native plant species and support our pollinators like the Monarch Butterfly.
Confirmed partners include:
- Good Neighbor Iowa
- Scouts BSA
- White Pine Sierra Club
- NRCS (Natural Resource Conservation Service) with a stream fall simulator, soil demos, and soil tunnel
- Dubuque County Conservation Board
- Dubuque County Extension and Outreach
- Sustainable Dubuque and Green Iowa Americorps
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Dubuque County Energy District
- Dubuque County Food Policy Council
- University of Wisconsin Platteville, Animal House
- Mines of Spain Friends Group
Scheduled activities include:
- 11 AM - Raptor Talk @ Raptor Roost
- 11:30 AM - Creature Feature @ Backwater Marsh
- 11:30 AM - Belt-driven machine shop demo
- 1 PM - Eagle Talk @ Aviary
- 1:30 PM - Creature Feature @ Backwater Marsh
- 2 PM - Paddlefish Feeding
- 2 PM - Belt-driven machine shop demo
Outdoor activities available 10 AM - 2 PM, indoor activities 10 AM - 3 PM:
- Members of Scouts BSA will be on site with their camping and boating gear to showcase their travels to the boundary waters and to share more about their advocacy efforts in keeping those waters clean and healthy.
- Create seed paper
- View baby shark eggs in the Conservation Lab!
- Examine macro invertebrates found in the River Museum’s Wetland
- Help plant native plants on the River Museum’s campus
- Take home their own saplings from Wagner Nursery
This event is included with general admission. Buy tickets today!