We look forward to your next visit to the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium and Mathias Ham Historic Site. We are a place for discovery, inspiration and happiness. With 14 acres of exhibits throughout indoor and outdoor spaces, we have plenty of room for you to enjoy a safe and socially distanced experience. As you prepare for your visit, we want you to be aware of the following new guidelines and safety measures in place. These may be subject to change in the following months.
1. Stay with the ones who came with you, and practice social distancing with other guests.
2. Updated 8/8/20: The City of Dubuque has mandated the use of face coverings in all indoor public places and in outdoor spaces where 6 feet social distancing is not possible. This mandate applies to everyone over the age of three years. Guests may bring their own face coverings or may purchase a mask for $1 at our box office. Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation.
3. Wash your hands often in our restrooms or use hand sanitizers provided.
4. Do not touch your face.
5. Outside water bottles and food are not allowed at this time. Drinks and snacks are available for purchase inside at our museum stores or at our cafe on select days.
6. Please follow our directional arrows to avoid congestions.
7. If you have any of the following symptoms, please do not come to our facility: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and/or new loss of taste or smell.
8. If you do come to the facility and appear to have any of the above symptoms, you may be asked to have your temperature taken and/or directed to leave the facility.
Daily creature features, animal touch experiences, and public animal feedings have been suspended during this time for the safety of our animals. RiverWorks Splash Zone boats have been remove from the water; however, the space is open. The Boat Shop is closed due to spacing limitations.
IN THIS SECTION