Dear Food Vendors,
Taste of Dubuque continues to be a highly popular event in the Tri-State area, and the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is looking to build upon previous years’ success with your involvement and participation. As a reminder, proceeds from this event support the mission of the Museum & Aquarium to inspire stewardship by creating experiences where history and rivers come alive. If you have any interest in learning more about our non-profit work, please let us know.
A few changes have been made to the vendor form since last year, so please read the document carefully.
2018 General Event Information
- Date: Thursday, August 2, 2018
- Time: 5 PM – 11 PM with vendors ready to serve by 4:30 PM
- Location: Parking lot in front of the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, 350 E. 3rd, Dubuque, IA 52001
2018 Vendor Fees
- Early bird rate of $200.00 is available for vendors registered and paid by May 31st.
- Registrations received after May 31st will be charged a rate of $250.00.
- Registrations received after June 7th cannot be guaranteed inclusion in event promotions.
2018 Vendor Requirements
If a vendor is in violation of one or more of these requirements, they will forfeit their ability to participate in the awards portion of the evening.
- Absolutely NO Styrofoam containers/cups/plates allowed in deference to the institution’s environmental stewardship efforts.
- Vendors MUST offer a sample-sized portion (a “Taste”) for $2.00 or less.
- Food vendors MUST have change on hand. The Museum & Aquarium, utilizing a public lot, cannot guarantee Wi-Fi availability to vendors.
- Any dish submitted for judging MUST be on the menu for guests.
- The number of food vendors is capped at 17. First come, first serve. Vendor status is secured with payment of vendor fee in full, proof of Temporary Food Permit from Dubuque Health Services, completed Hold Harmless Waiver, and certificate of insurance.
- The setup and tear down rules MUST be followed. The safety of our guests is our top priority.
In addition to forfeiting their ability to participate in the awards portion of the evening, anyone not following these rules will be block from participation the following year.
Space: Food vendor space will be a 15’ x 20’ hard surfaced space. Vendors are responsible for their own TENTS, TABLES, CHAIRS, and TRASH RECEPTACLES. Use of Taste’s trash receptacles are for the public’s use only. FREE STANDING TENTS ONLY, NO STAKES. You may have a total of two tents in your vendor space.
Acceptable Payment: Vendors are responsible for their accepted method of payment, i.e. credit cards, checks, cash. It is the vendors’ responsibility to ensure they have enough change on hand for the evening, and the Museum & Aquarium cannot guarantee change for vendors. Vendors retains all proceeds from items sold.
Electricity: If electricity is needed, please provide details in the space provided further below in the document. Note: One roaster takes two plugins (one outlet box). Only two outlets (four plugins) allowed per vendor. Grills = One outlet box/two plugins. Generators will be allowed ONLY if quiet running.
Menu: You will be required to display your Taste menu as listed below.
Beverages: As a reminder, the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is the sole vendor of beverages. Beverage sales are NOT PERMITTED by vendors.
Setup: Setup begins any time after 10 AM on event day.
I understand setup must be completed and all vehicles removed from the site by 4 PM.
Tear Down: Tear down must begin immediately after the close of the event at 11 PM. I understand no vehicles on site until after 11 PM. Vendors ARE required to clean up their immediate area before leaving. All property must be removed by 8 AM on Friday, August 3, 2018.